You are here | Home | Recipes - For Item Of The Week From Best Market Bargains
RECIPE # 1 HONEYDEW MELON BELLINI
- 5 cups of diced honeydew melon, about ½ of a large melon
- 2 tbs lime juice
- Sugar to taste based on the sweetness of the melon
1. Combine the diced honeydew melon with the lime juice and sugar in a blender and blend until you obtain a smooth puree.
2. Strain the puree, chill for at least 30 minutes or until ready to use.
3. Pour the honeydew melon puree into glass.
4. Stir lightly and serve immediately.
RECIPE # 2 MARINATED MELON
- 1/2 cup calorie-free sparkling water with berry flavor
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups assorted melon balls
- Fresh lemon verbena (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, combine sparkling water and white vinegar; add melon balls. Toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 2 to 4 hours or until ready to serve.
2. Divide melon mixture among six dessert glasses or bowls. If desired, garnish with lemon